Skip to main content

Travel Diaries, Marion AR 2015|| Blog Everyday In September day 16

I have been down south so many times. It's where my folks are from. Alright? I can afford to travel down there at least. My great-grandma was turning 93 and the family threw her a birthday party. This was in late August, so we went pretty late in the year. It was the hottest time of the year. I felt like a baked potato for sure.
Volkswagen, Adventure, Travel, Vw, Journey, Van

My mom, my grandma, me and my grandpa all went. We had a friend help us drive down there. We rented a minivan because why not? If you're going on a long drive you want legroom. I feel like a caged animal being in a small space for a long time.
~header image is from Pixabay but other photos are mine.



The photos will be out of order a bit. I don't remember the order they were taken in. Thay is my bad. We arrived at the hotel where the party was being held. It was rough with all the people but at least it was an open space and not a small one. I have to admit I have trouble recognizing my folks but they don't mind because we don't see each other often.













I used a selfie stick for the first time. My cousin had to help me set it up which is funny because I have to help my mom or grandma with their phones lol. I am going to have fun with this travel diaries.  It can get tiring when I have a little too much fun taking photos.











We ate at the Cracker Barrel before the party. It was a combo of an eatery and had a little country store. I didn't have money to buy anything. Which is why for this trip I am saving everything I can from my crypto blogs. I do have a lot of portrait mode photos. Can you believe it took me doing YouTube to break the habit of portrait photos/filming?
















There was a waterslide at the picnic. I don't care how old I am. I am getting in the water. It was hot enough for it down there for sure. I wish I did make a vlog for this trip. At least I made one for the sudden one.




























 I found these photos looking in my Google Drive. I should look through my photos more often.
 Got some photos while my folks were checking into the hotel. The lobby was so nice.


 Some photos were taken at the party. Look at all the people that were there.

Is this kid flexing in the water? Looks good though. I'd flex in water as well. This kid could be a model. Maybe a swim trunk model.
We stayed at a hotel and I got a crappy photo of the swimming pool. My mom would not let me bring my phone to the pool. She probably doesn't trust me with it.








 I think this was taken in the breakfast room.


At least my grandpa stopped for the photo. I think this was before we went into the hotel before the party.

I may have a part 2 if I find more photos. I am loving this travel diaries series where I post my travel photos. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.' Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides m