Skip to main content

Neurotypicals, Stop Holding Us On Your Standards

The worst part about being in a world for Nts is having to be held on their standards. It's so hard being in a world where you have to function in a difficult setting. I wish Nts can have some compassion for us.
Sign, Stop, Warning, Stop Sign, Symbol, Safety, Danger

For instance, we struggle with jobs. Things overwhelm us very easily. While the Nts can work through it, sometimes we can't. Imagine us posting on Facebook or Twitter saying we have to quit our job because it was too overwhelming, getting bullied constantly, etc. Nts will act like they're better and start shaming you for it. Saying you need to 'suck it up.' If it was that easy, we would do it. Nts need to realize that just because they can tough it out doesn't mean we can and doesn't give them the green card to shame those who can't. 

I mean at least have a savings account and have money saved up to hold you until you get some sort of back up plan ready.

Most of the time, we get fired from jobs for not moving fast enough. Why do employers care how fast you work? You're not gonna die if someone takes an hour to clean the bathroom. Imagine having to function in a workforce that makes no sense. You don't understand why the employer cares so much about speed. Why not be more open-minded to different work speeds?

Nts think cryptic hints are requests but it seems like a train of thought to us. We don't do said task and they will say 'you should know.'' Or something like that. How hard is it to say 'the garbage is full please take it out?' 

Nts need to understand that our brains are different than theirs. What may seem easy to them may not be easy for us. Some people just reach their breaking point. 

I also hate 'welcome to the real world.' We struggle as it is trying to make it in a world that makes no sense, that is against us, doesn't understand us. Nts can hold down jobs fine. Some of us can't. Nts, don't have sensory issues. Nts, don't need explicit instructions. Nts can cope with changes. Nts, don't have brains that are cluttered like ours. 

While Nts can have the issues we face, however, they deal with it every once in a while. We have these issues every day all the time. Nts don't have to fight to the death trying to hold down a job like we do. Most importantly NTs don't get bullied, belittled, insulted for being different and having trouble understanding things like we do. Stop holding us on your standards. We do not operate like you! Stop calling us stupid, retarded or whatever insults you have because we just learn differently. Let's say you cook differently do you want to be called names for that? Let's say you dress differently, eat differently, clean differently. 

Nts, do you want to be insulted and called names because you don't do something the way someone wants you to? Then stop calling us names because we don't understand what you tell us. We just need a different method. We are not stupid for being different! 

Instead of trying to force us to be like you, accept us for who we are. We didn't ask for this. What we do ask for is compassion and understanding of our challenges. 

I will always be an advocate fighting for better treatment for people with autism or other disabilities. I am sick of seeing in my feed an autistic kid getting bullied. I am sick of hearing about autistic kids struggling in school, I am sick of hearing special needs kids getting abused. I have had enough of memes poking fun at autistic people. Why are you so shitty to someone for something they didn't want? Maybe if you stop being shitty and get to know the person, you will be amazed. You may need that person one day. Do you think they wanna help someone who was nothing but horrible to them?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.' Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides m