Skip to main content

Analysis On My Book

I wrote A Book About Autism, where I showcase how hard it is for some of us to get or keep a job. I think it's important to know about this. We all have to grow up sometime. I think it's important for teachers, parents to know that when we turn 18, it will be hard for us to get and/or keep a job. This blog post will be a break down of each chapter and maybe to provide more info on the book before you buy it.
The idea for this book came to mind when I was thinking long and hard about writing a book about autism. People already talk about what it's like having autism. I felt I would stick out more talking about how we struggle with jobs. How difficult it is for us in the world.  I will break down each chapter for the book. 

Chapter 1

I felt that the first chapter should act as an introduction to me. I feel the reader wants to know when I found out I had autism. How my life was affected before and after the diagnosis. I explain how hard it was for me when I was in jr. high. I felt like I had hated right off the bat for being different.  In this chapter, I gradually move into the topic of the book, which is how we will struggle in the world due to not being able to keep a job. 


Chapter 2

In this chapter, I talk about a program that I went through that I thought would help me find a job. My impression was that they would help you find a job within your skill set. I feel I would have a better chance of getting a job within the skills I gained from YouTube and blogging. After going to the program a few times, I realized it's more for people ready to go back to work. Or maybe it's for people who are on disability but want extra money. It would be hard to live off us the 700-1K a month that you get.  I talk about how I felt the coach was just adding pressure to me rather than helping me find a job, which is why I joined the program. I also talk about a lady invalidating my autism for a stupid reason. This chapter covers how the program wasn't helping me and it was hard trying to get out due to the coach's standards. 


Chapter 3

I have been denied SSI maybe 2 or 3 times. They feel autism doesn't keep me from working and I am here to say that it does affect me greatly. I explain how the issues associated with autism would complicate my ability to be able to function on a job or even keep it.



Chapter 4

I talk about how I struggle to find a job I can handle due to my traits associated with autism. My folks want me to get a retail job but they fail to understand how being around so many people, being under pressure, being on someone else's time, how that would make my anxiety worse. I explain how my traits such as anxiety would complicate being on a job.


Chapter 5

Most states started proposing work requirements in order to keep getting food stamps. 2 months after I saw Trump's proposal on it, I got a letter in the mall from the company saying I needed to come it, but the letter did not say what for. And I felt like the world was crashing down when they told me I had to participate in a work program. After all the stress that the last program costed me, I couldn't go through it again. Also because they are trying to get people without disabilities working, I wouldn't have the support I needed and because they see me as an adult, they will deny and requests I have so I can thrive. I mentioned this because it affects those of us who can't find/hold down a job. But may get food stamps to at least help whoever they live with bringing in groceries.  Think about how many of us would be starving if we can't hold/find a job and they stip our stamps away. This is what it's like being in a neurotypical world. We are held on the same standards as the NTs.


Chapter 6

I propose a solution to chronic unemployment for adults with autism. I proposed that programmers hire us. Even if we just test their app and give feedback. I think this can help us and we can use our skills. Perhaps the programmer will be more understanding than your past employers/co-workers.  You can remotely help the programmer so no worries about being in crowds.

I feel that if retail jobs aren't for us, something is. I think we should stop chasing after jobs that we cannot thrive and at chase something we can thrive at.

You can get the book on Gumroad. 

You can get the book on Amazon. 

If you use Gumroad, use the code 'wired differently' and you will get one dollar off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.' Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides m

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!