Skip to main content

How I Do YouTube On A Budget

Let's be real, most small YouTubers can't afford good equipment. I am one of them. YouTube is hard when your poor but not impossible. This will be a guild on how I YouTube with little to no money and how you can too. It's hard for most small YouTubers, as we cannot afford the equipment the larger guys use. Some viewers even point out minor things or point out how the camera, mic etc isn't good and to upgrade. The problem is, we can't afford to upgrade. Not all of us have jobs, or are able to get jobs or don't have parents to help us get the equipment.



What if I told you that you can use things around the house for your equipment?  Even if you have the money, I still suggest you go with what you have because you don't want to spend so much money on YouTube gear and you don't stick with it.  

For filming Vlogs, Chatty Videos Etc

Before my mom upgraded our phones, I had to use my sucky Windows Phone and my sucky tablet to make my vlogs. When I did sit down vlogs, I had to lean my phone against something because I don't have a tripod, and no money to buy one. Once I upgraded my phone, I had better video and audio. As the audio on my sucky old phone wasn't good. And I got a ton of comments about the audio on the phone. If you can't afford a camera, use your phone if it has a good picture and audio quality. You can use Audacity to enhance the audio. I made a tripod out of a Pringle's can. You can go to your local Walgreen's (or any store that selld Pringles) to buy some Pringle's and make a tripod out of the can when your done. Instead of throwing something away, save the plant and recycle it. You can turn it into some gear for your channel if possible.


For Lighting

I use natural lighting or use a lamp. The viewers just need to see your face. The only con is that you may not have good light when it's cloudy/raining outside if you use natural lighting.  If you don't want your light bill high then conserve that energy and put your phone/camera in a window.

Editing 

I use Wondershare Filmora. It has so many things you can use to make your videos professional. This editor works well on my low-end computer. When you don't have a good computer, this can make you limited as to what editors you can use. Most good editors require a powerful computer which makes most of us can't afford.



You can play Indie Games. This games can be run on any machine. 

I can play low-spec games old games made before 2010 (depends on the genre) and indie games on my computer. On my phone, there are some games I can play like Animal Crossing, The Sims Mobile, some Telltale games. I use Mobizen to record my game play.

Get a selfie stick if you vlog on your phone so your footage wont be too shaky. It only costs about 10 bucks.

For my commentary I use a Blue Snowball Mic and audacity. Share this article with someone who makes YouTube videos on a budget.

It may be hard to YouTube with little to no money but it's not impossible.

Get creative. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.' Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides m

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!