Skip to main content

Sometimes I Hate Being Different

I am going to admit that I hate being different. I hate seeing the world in black and white. I hate feeling like people are speaking another language because they teach by talking or explain how I don't understand. I wish I could not have autism. I did the autism now tag where I answer some questions. You can watch the video hereI went on a rant at the end about hating being autistic at the last question, though I share this video as this is where it started. I don't understand some jokes, I don't understand sarcasm from seriousness. What's to like about feeling different from others? Update, I moved back to my Aaliyah Holt channel, so visit that one.



For starters, people treat us like we have a disease. All this means is we just need some adjustments and people treat us like we're criminals. Why be horrible to someone for being different? Do you think we asked for it? I know I didn't. 

i hate it


You are the scum of the earth if you treat anyone with a disability, not just autistic people, like crap. I don't know if I had offended someone until it's too late. It's not my fault my disorder compromises my social skills! It's just hard to know what's Ok to say or not. It's like playing chess while socializing and if I offend them I got checkmated. I feel like a jerk sometimes.

I'm unemployed due to my autism. I explained in a blog post how autism complicates my ability to work. It would be nice to be able to have my own money to buy what I want or save up for what I want. That would be the best thing ever. Heck, it would be nice to make some friends and hang out. It's no fun having sensory limitations. It's no fun needing to see things to understand. I decided to build my crypto blogs. I can make up to 1K on those blogs vs a crap min wage job where I wouldn't make enough to buy an Xbox.

I honestly don't see what's there to like being ridiculed because you don't see things the same way as everyone else.
I suck at adulting, I really suck at it. When something is new to me, I just don't know what to do. I feel as though my mom child shames me for it. I didn't ask to be blind in this world.

I was hated when I was in Jr. High and Highschool for being different. Kids I never even seen before hated me all of a sudden. They didn't wanna get to know me and instead listened to someone else's opinion. The only time where someone got to know me themselves is when I went to a Catholic school. These girls hated me, they told this other girl bad stuff about me and she didn't believe them and choose to get to know me herself instead of overhearing someone else's opinion. She talked to me while we were on a field trip to a play. Others just jumped the bandwagon. I just didn't fit in at that school. It was a Catholic school. I'm Christian. We don't have the same beliefs. I was a little fish in an ocean full of sharks.

It's no fun being called names by the neurotypicals because you don't understand their language.
I feel like this world is not for me. I feel like I do not belong here.

I feel as though my mom doesn't see my struggles

It seems like since I turned 18, she thinks my problems went away when they didn't. It took a while for me to get my mom to understand that working from home is better for me. I feel better when I am in control. I felt that my mom disagreed at first because she doesn't understand what goes on in my head. I'd feel like a windup doll having to go into a job, being told what to do, etc vs if I have control over my schedule. When I'm in control, I can rip up the windup crank and step on it. Some people just don't have the mental capacity to handle some things.

I feel as though I don't have an outlet like I used to. I haven't seen a therapist since June or July due to leaving that sorry excuse for a 'doctor' I was given after my old doctor left.

Which is why I blog because I feel it's my only outlet. I think if I was normal everything would be OK.

As of April 2019, I am back to my old doctor. There was an error and they thought I have a plan they didn't accept.

I went down south with my grandpa and I felt freer. It may have been in the middle of nowhere. It's quieter. Fewer people. a good % of my folks are there. That is what I need. Not a job where I would not have the freedom to do these things. Even if I have to save up my crypto earnings to fund future travels, I'll do it.

Also, running one blog is easier for me so I am merging articles I had on my 'gamerartist' blog onto this one just so you know. It would cost too much money hosting 2 blogs. Thanks for understanding.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.' Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides m