Skip to main content

I'm Writing My First Book About Autism!

I have thought long and hard about writing a book about autism. I feel people already write a book about how autism affects their life. I thought. How can I stick out from the crowd? I think that I will stick out if I talk about autism and employment. It's extremely hard for us in the workplace. It's irritating hearing 'get a job.' Don't you wish people knew it's not that simple for you? Also, this book can provide more insights. Perhaps if someone picks up and read it, get a better understanding of how we struggle. That person can help us. Someone can go 'hum, the workplace does look like hell just by how this person explains it. I know a few programmers looking for testers and this will be great for these individuals.'

Things need to change. It's unacceptable that so many adults with autism are unemployed/underemployed. It's unacceptable that employers cannot simply create a job that we can perform better. By writing this book this provides more education.

It's just not right treating someone different because they have a disability, no one in their right mind would ask for a disability. I know I didn't. Therefore, I decided to start writing this book.

I did write a book around December but that book is being scrapped because it was rushed and not properly planned and promoted. I was wondering why no one was buying it when I didn't make a trailer video, add previews of the pages on the site(s) I chose to publish the book. I didn't make a video announcing the book, announcing the release date and then another video when the book was out.  Now that I am learning. I can try again. When you are small like me, you don't have people to guild you and I had no one to guild me in publishing my first book. I have no following because my posts get ignored on social media. I don't have people to comment on my videos, blog posts, social media posts like most people do.  When someone is making a movie, they announce the move, maybe post work in progress with filming the movie. When the movie is done and the director has a release date, he/she makes a trailer with a release date. The director will make a social media post when the movie is live. 

Now that I have learned, I can properly plan things about and promote to get people into the book. I will pick 3 publishing sites. I may have better luck on a more public site like Amazon. The scrapped book was when I was on Wordpress. I feel now that I moved to another site and started anew, I should take this time to learn. 

I should think like I am a director making a movie. If the director just jumps and all of a sudden say 'I made a movie,' he/she probably won't have people to go see it because they never knew about the movie and couldn't plan accordingly. Moral of the story is you live and you learn. 
I will post updates about my book on my social media. 

As of now, May 4th, the book is ready for preorder. I am using Gumroad and Amazon Kindle.   If you use the code 'wired differently' you will get 1 dollar off. This is for Gumroad. 
If you are reading this AFTER May 31st, the book is already out

I made a video promo. Check it out if you wanna.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jobs That Are NOT For Adults With Autism

I made a blog article on jobs that would work for adults with autism. However, I think we should cover the jobs that you should avoid if you are on the autism spectrum. This is just my 2 cents. Everyone is different. ~ Image is from Pixabay.com It's rough for people with autism to find steady employment. It's important that you avoid these jobs. Most people with autism have poor short term memory. I am one of these people. I have issues with high demand jobs that call for you to remember a lot of things.  I don't know about you, I cannot handle several tasks at the same time. I am a one at a time person. Do this then move on to the next task when I am done. Retail/Fast-food People on the autism spectrum should avoid retail/fast-food jobs. In fast-food, chances are you will be given several tasks at once. That would be too demanding on me because I need time to process, adjust, etc.  Same with retail like grocery stores. You may be given several tasks to do at one t

Travel Diaries, Jericho AR 2019 [Part 2]// blog everyday in september day 23

This blog will have different phots. I have to make several parts because I took so many photos. These photos are from my sudden trip down south. I said it was sudden because it was unplanned and unexpected. One of my aunts passed and the folks down south planned the funeral LITERALLY the week after my aunt died leaving me and my grandpa little time to get down there, save up enough money, etc. These photos will be in the order that I found them in, or gathered them in. Here are some photos crossing the Miss River. This was on the way back. it was too dark to get any photos on the way there. And when I go down south in a few weeks it will be too dark then to get any photos.  Since the next time I go, it will be at midnight.  If it will be midnight maybe I can get some dawn photos! Let's put it that way. The river looks so high. it looks like it's not even that far from the bridge.  Honestly, the bridge and water does not look too far from my angle!